The mission of NYeC is to catalyze the improvement of health care in the State of New York by promoting the widespread use of health information technology through a series of comprehensive, coordinated public/private initiatives. NYeC recently assumed a central role in a key Government-sponsored program that provides a foundation for healthcare reform through the intelligent application of information technology.
The HITECH Act of 2009 authorized the establishment of Health Information Technology Regional Extension Centers (RECs) to promote physician adoption, implementation and Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs). NYeC has been awarded a cooperative agreement to act at certified Regional Extension Center for all counties in the State of New York outside of New York City.
As a certified Regional Extension Center, NYeC will provide:
- Tailored, personal services to help you transform your practice
- Consultative services to help you choose the right EHR software and hardware for your needs
- Discounted pricing and terms for preferred vendors to enable ensure your EHR purchase and implementation is cost effective and meets your needs as a provider
- Clinical and administrative workflow analysis and redesign to make you a meaningful user of EHRs
- Highly skilled project management to oversee the whole process
- Training for the providers and staff in your practice
- Assist with connectivity and Interoperability
- electronic labs
- connecting with other clinicians and hospitals
- A roadmap and support to get your practice and it’s providers to qualify for Medicare, Medicaid and other incentives
This website and its content is made possible by Grant/Cooperative Agreement Number 90RC0007/01. Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the HHS’ Office of National Coordinator for Health Information Technology.