Small Practice REC Participation Fees
The Regional Extension Center (REC) provides two different service models. The first is out “Full Service” model which is geared towards Practices that are using paper-based Medical Records today and require assistance in the selection and implementation of an Electronic Health Records system (EHR) and need assistance achieving “Meaningful Use” certification. The second is our “Meaningful Use Service” model which is designed for Practices that have already purchased and implemented an Electronic Health Record system and only need assistance getting to “Meaningful Use.“
Expected Costs per Provider:
Full Service Model: $750 - $1500
- 1 or 2 Years of Participation Fees at $750 per year, depending on length of implementation
- Some provider practices will require two years of REC services to achieve Meaningful Use if starting from a paper-based system.
- The full cost of the service is $5750 - $6500. For eligible providers, the grant covers $5000 of the cost. Those providers not eligible for the subsidy will be required to pay $5000 in addition to the annual participation fees.
Meaningful Use Services: $750
- 1 Year of Participation Fees at $750
- With the help of the REC, provider practices are expected to achieve Meaningful Use well under 1 year from initial signup
- The full cost of the service is $4250. For eligible providers, the grant covers $3500 of the cost. Those providers not eligible for the subsidy will be required to pay $3500 in addition to the annual participation fees.